Carlsbad Marathon Roll For a Cure Jan 25, 2009

Carlsbad Marathon Roll For a Cure Jan  25, 2009
My Family- The greatest

The Cook Men at Thanksgiving

The Cook Men at Thanksgiving

ALS Team Walk At Mission Bay October, 2008

ALS Team Walk  At Mission Bay October, 2008
Our ALS Walk was fantastic, the team was fantastic!

My Pogi Sons

My Pogi Sons
Peter, Rick, Nathan, and Tito- the greatest sons a man could have!

The family

The family
Having Fun during Fathers Day!!

Rod, Chuck and Steve in Millington Tennessee August 2008

Rod, Chuck and Steve in Millington Tennessee August 2008
The Cook boys at it again 2008. Rod and Steve are awesome brothers.

Chuck and Atring

Chuck and Atring
Together Forever. The Love of my Life!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

How I feel

Today I go to the doctor to get a follow up on my Pneumonia. Atring insisted. I honestly do not know what would happen to me if it wasn't for her. She is the very best!!!
I feel so helpless sometimes. I cannot walk fast. I remember how people use to run to catch up with me. Now I can walk, but I feel the weakness in my legs, and use the cane to keep my balance, mostly. But the inability to talk intelligibly is the greatest drawback. I have a lot to say, and I am not stupid. The tendency for a person who hears one who cannot talk well is to shine him on. Trust me, I get so frustrated when I try to talk...and even the whiteboard I use does not convey the emotion I want...or the concern....or the thankfulness.

The other big problem...not so bad, but embarrassing, The laughing and crying. With ALS you somehow lose the ability to control your laugh or crying...your emotions. I find myself smiling at things that are very serious. And by the same token I find myself crying at the smallest heart rendering scene or thought. Oh well. So far I have kept that out of the public view.

Well,as I used to say years ago..I keep on trucking!!

1 comment:

Pete said...

Keep on truckin, Dad!